Generally, I group children and adults separately, based on their age, level of interest and ability, and personalities. But all riders at WD are very willing to ride together and have been very flexible about that.
New riders are assessed on an individual basis and then move into a more permanant group lesson from there. Group lessons include 3-4 riders. Many of my group lessons have students who have been riding together for 5+ years and have established a foundation for life-long friendships.
We also offer a variety of learning opportunities in addition to lessons throughout the year:
- We offer regular clinics at Watership Downs, LLC approximately once a month.
- Conditions permitting, we take group schooling trips on a weekly basis to local cross country venues.
- Annually, we do a Spring Combined Test at WD to prepare for the show season. The Fall Hunter Pace at WD is great fun.
- We host Ride-A-Tests on an as-needed basis.
- Trail riding outings provide the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors with barn mates and to meet WD's neighbors.